Sunday 29 September 2013

Autumn food from a squash

I love autumn. All the colours of the nature and the fact that there is loads of fresh products in stores. I was shopping for food and saw a butternut squash. I picked on up eventhough I have never used it before and I had no idea what I would cook from it.

I googled some ideas but ended up making this soup recipe by myself. I baked some sun-dried tomato muffins to go with the soup. I used the pumpkin seeds in muffins.The muffin recipe can be found here.



Creamy Butternut Squash Soup

500g butternut squash
1 big onion
1 clove of garlic
2 small carrots
2 medium sized floury potatoes
½ chicken Fond du chef
½ vegetable Fond du chef
1 dl cream
1 tbls canola oil
water

Wash the squash well. Cut it in half and take out the seeds. Keep the seeds, you can use them on the muffins. Cut the squash (no need to peel it) in small pieces.
Cut the onions, peel the carrots and potatoes and cut in pieces. Slice the clove of garlic.
Heat the oil in a pot, add the onion. Add the garlic, carrot, potato and squash pieces. Add the fond du chefs and enough water to cover the vegetables. Simmer about 40 minutes or until the squash is soft. Run the soup smooth with blender. Add cream. Check the salt (add if needed) and heat up. Serve with muffins.



No comments:

Post a Comment